Question
Posted by: Lynn | 2011-06-08

Child maintance

I need some help please. My sons father has not supported him for 2 years now. My son will be 2 in December. I really need help on how to get him to pay for his son. PLease let me know who to contact and where to go. The maintance court in Bishop Lavis is very slow and not very helpful. I have to stay a full day out of work just to get some forms to fill in. Then another day to take it in and then another day to appear before the magistrate. I cannot afford this. All these days will be unpaid days for me. Please help me

Expert ImageFamily law expert

The maintenance court in the area where your child reside will have jurisdiction, you are not allowed to use a court that falls outside that jurisdiction.

Bertus Preller
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
A:1st Floor, 56 Shortmarket Street, Cape Town, 8000
O: +27 (0) 21 422 1323
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za; W: www.divorceattorney.co.za; Blog: www.divorceattorneys.wordpress.com;
Twitter: www.twitter.com/edivorce;
Facebook: www.facebook.com/divorceattorneys

2
Posted by: XYZ | 2011-06-15

You can contact Mrs N Klaas - Bishop Lavis Mag. Crt

Suggest you email her as this leaves a paper trail should you not get any satisfaction from her. The maintenance court has an SLA (service level agreement) and aim to have any maintenance issue sorted out in LESS than 3 mnths - remind her of this in ur email.

Her number: 021 934 1021 / 1664

Her Email: nklaas@justice.gov.za

Don''t be rude - be to the point and explain your predicament

Reply to XYZ
Posted by: family law expert | 2011-06-08

Bertus Preller
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
O: +27 (0) 21 422 1323
Twitter: www.twitter.com/edivorce;

Reply to family law expert