Question
Posted by: Nic | 2010/06/02

Child Kidnapping

My X has moved to Gauteng (I live in Cape Town) with my 5.5 yo son without my permission - in fact - against my will and a standing court order.

Her lawyer notified me today (15 minutes before I''m supposed to fetch him from school)

Not her nor her lawyer will give me any information re. his whereabouts - allI know is that he is in Gauteng.

He (my son) was used to see me 3 times a week (and often more)

What am I to do? Is this an abduction or simply a cas of violating a court order...? Certainy it can beseenas domestic violence as well?

What do I charge her with?

Expert ImageFamily law expert

I would approach the court if I was you for contempt of the standing order.

Best is to see an attorney about this.

1
Posted by: family law expert | 2010/06/19

Best is to see an attorney about this.

Reply to family law expert