Posted by: worried mommy | 2009-04-14

child having problems

HI Everyone,

Hope someone can help me, I have a 4 year old girl and i have noticed that her vigina is really red and she is scratching it alot! I have also noticed a yellow discharge in her panties, its not a lot but there is some she does not want to wash her private part with any kind of soap, i have even bought a clycerine soap and she doesn' t wnt to wash it at all she says that the soap is burning her, what can this be? what can i do to stop it and is this even normal for a 4 year old? please help

The commonest cause would be thrush, but it best to take her to a doctor.

Posted by: td | 2009-04-15

I have two little girls and I often put tea tree oil in their bath which works wonders for keeping them clean.

Reply to td
Posted by: Worried mommy | 2009-04-14

Thanx alot i Will defnitly try that, Bubble bath is one of her favourit things! thre is not perhaps a alternitive bubble bath that i can use?

Reply to Worried mommy
Posted by: Murtle | 2009-04-14

Sounds to me like she could have thrush. You might need to take her to the doctor so that they can give her cream for it. I know it happened to my daughter at more or less the same age. I was told only to use white toilet paper and white soap. Also to be careful with bubble bath. Apparently the colouring in the stuff can cause thrush bladder infections. I stop using colour things and it went away. Good Luck The burning is because she is scratching herself open.

Reply to Murtle