child destruction

i have an eleven yaer old and it seems as though he is on a path of self destruction. i am a single mother and have two other children three and ten months old sometimes i fear for there safety. i also reasontly came out of a rather abusing relationship and he could not get along with this man. i feel that he is acting out haterid with the young ones and sometimes i think that he will maybe attact me and his grandmother. there is times that we have big glow outs and then al of a sudden he just goes on asif nothing happen. and this after there was shouting and screaming and crying from all the members of the familie. please help.

Expert ImageTeen expert

If your child has seen or heard violence in the home, it may well be that he is acting out what he has witnessed, and is traumatised by what he has experienced.

I strongly urge you to see a child psychologist who can assess the situation and help him deal with his anger, fear and any trauma related to the abusive relationship you were in. Your GP should have a list of child psychologists they refer to.

Posted by: JP | 2009-07-02

I am a single Mom of two my daughter being 9 and my son 11. My son has been diagnosed and treated for ADHD. The problem is his arrogance and disrespectful behaviour. I must admit that there have been times when trying to get him to stop fighting with his sister or myself I have handled him roughly by either physically pulling him away or pushing him into his room.
Now he threatens to phone childline whenever he can’ t get his way. He does not understand the seriousness of such action
My life consists of work, immediate family and home and my children are my highest priority.
Has anyone had the same experience and how did you handle the childline threats

Reply to JP