Question
Posted by: Lolly | 2010-01-18

Child cries

My 3 yr old son cries his lungs out every morning before going to school, on the way to school and when we leave him. He tells us the night before and in the mornings thathe doesn' t want to go to school. Thing is it s the same daycare he went to last yr and the same teachers moved a class up with the kids. He doesn' t look happy , but my husband insists that am being on=ver sensitive abt this issue

This sounds like an excessive response ( by him ) to ordinary circumstances, particularly if he previously handled school or similar occasions well. Now, if this is simply a continuation of his reaction to day care last year, it may be that he is emotionally rather too young to handle comfortably spending the day away from you, and a consultation with a child shrink might help to clarify what is troubling him and how best to solve the problem

3

Posted by: Lou | 2010-01-18

I agree with the first post. If he was happy and now he is not some thing is up. Trust your instincts. Perhaps he is being bullied at school. I really believe you need to pitch up at the school unannounced and see what your child is doing without him knowing that you are there.

Reply to Lou
Posted by: Mother | 2010-01-18

You are not over reacting - a 3-year old cannot cry like that for no reason. I think he is too small to " make it up" . Something is wrong. Maybe it' s not the teachers, maybe it' s another little bully.

Reply to Mother