Question
Posted by: KG | 2010/02/08

Child

I have a dilema, my friend' s child is turning 3 years in April. the thing is child child is " naughty" , but my observation is that she not just naughty  i suspect autism so does my fiance cos his child from the previous relationship has that condition. i woulod say she started been " naughty"  after she turned 1, her mother woulld complain that she threw her cellphone in the toilet  but then she still very young every child does misbehave. but since 2008 she' s been doing lot of weird staff, like breaking the house window... it' s just lots of things that she does that wouldn' t be done by child her age. And i' ve noticed that she' s violent. Now I want to advice her mother to go see someone who can assess the child so that she get help, cos with medication atleast she will still be naughty but it won' t be as worse as it is now. I have noticed with my stepson, he is still hyper but the medication atleast helps his condition. I love my friend that' s why i want to help her, the problem is that I don' t know how to tell her. she might take it the wrong way, how do I tell her. On saturday I had people over at my house and they saw her for the first time and it was hardly an hour when they asked me if that child not sick or something, they told me that they could see something is not right with that child. I just told them I want to tell her mother but I don' t know how. Even when her mother visit me she can' t saty long because of her child, i know kids are naughty and some are more naughty than other but here it' s the case.

This doesn't sound like autism, but it does sound like a disturbed child, who should be seen and assessed at thevert least at a good clinic, and preferably bt a paediatrician or child psychiatrist. There are many complex possibilities than can cause a child to behave oddly, and they need to be considered by the appropriate expert

1