Question
Posted by: Pinky | 2010/01/22

Child +

Please assist? a relative are neglecting her hiv + 4 year old son. I want to take him but have already experienced difficulties finding a crè che for him. That’ s not really such a big concern because I can sort that out the problem is that I have a 3 year old son who really love this little boy. Im just scared that if he becomes sick or God forbid he passes away, how will this have an influence on my son because he loves him like a brother. And is it a good idé e adopting him? I am a single mother but I cope well will it be a wise decision adopting him? And I really feel sorry for this child cause he' s mother doesn’ t care I don’ t even think she knows who the father is.

Its tragic to hear that such a child, an innocent person with HIV ( presumably infected by his mother, as its certainly not due to any of his own actions ) is being neglected by the woman who caused this problem for him. You are raising two problems. One is to find the best treatment for him - that's outside my area of expertise, and he needs to get to the nearest good clinic dealing with HIV positive kids. The other issue is how your child might be affected if his little friend gets ill or dies ? You and he will deal with that if and when the time comes - these days, illness and death ca occur to any child your child befriends, for a range of reasons. And much of his reaction will depend on circumstances, his age at the time, and so on. Counselling of some sort should be available for him at such a time if needed

3
Posted by: Zintle | 2010/01/22

I salute you as well, everybody dies whether healthy or not and its unpredictable care for the boy and he might outlive you, Good luck and God bless

Reply to Zintle
Posted by: Woman | 2010/01/22

I salute you! You can get the child on clinical trials. That way, the company doing the trials will pay for his medication. A child is precious. HIV is not a death sentence if you have the knowledge. You are doing a GREAT thing!!

Reply to Woman