Question
Posted by: Hopeful | 2010/02/09

Chickenpox and trying to fall pregnant

My Husband contracted Chicken pox when I was 5 months pregnant. He got it really bad and ended up with a secondary bacterial infection and septicaemia. He has been in hospital 5 times since he first contracted septicaemia. The last time he was in hospital was in August last year. Could this possibly effect his sperm and the chances of us falling pregnant again? We have been trying.

Dear Hopeful

Certainly the hospitalisation as well as the primary infection may interfere with normal sperm production. I would suggest that he does a semen analysis to evaluate the impact that the hospitalisation and treatment may have had on his sperm production.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/02/12

Dear Hopeful

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert