Question
Posted by: Lerato | 2008/08/21

Chicken pox marks

Hi Doc,

I hope you can help me, i see the skin doctor is no longer on the forum.

My 3year old daughter had chicken pox about 3/4weeks ago. The chicken pox as healed, now she has very bad marks all over her body. I' m currently using calamine at night and justine tissue oil during the day on her skin but i do not see much difference.

Can you kindly advise on what I can use on her that will be more effective.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Lerato, thank you for the question.

I will presume that the ‘marks’ you are referring to are dark pigmented lesions on the skin. if this is the case the pigmentation that has developed is most probably due to the inflammatory reaction in the skin that resulted directly from the chicken pox ulcerations.
Unfortunately, these pigmented lesions may be very difficult to treat. In some individuals the pigmented marks will disappear by themselves but may take months or even years before resolution is seen. Of the utmost importance is sun avoidance and using a good SPF that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide. My advice is to add a depigmenting cream such as NeoStrata Brightening Cream SPF 15 during the day and the Pigment Lightening Gel at night. One should only place the creams on the pigmented lesions.

1
Posted by: RICKY | 2009/01/15

WHAT CAN BE USED FOR CHICKEN POX SCARS IN THE FACE REGION.

Reply to RICKY