Posted by: Jacqui | 2009-02-02

Chicken pox - adult

I have a collegue at my company who has just been booked off with chicken pox now this last friday.
I don' t always have direct contact around him, but i do with one guy and he spends time around the guy with chicken pox.
what is my chance of contracting it through the ' secondary'  guy?
I' ve never had chicken pox, i' m 22, and how dangerous is it in adults.

Dear Jacqui
It is unlikely that you will be infected via the second guy - chicken pox is spead by coughing and sneezing. Unless the 2nd guy gets sick you should be fairly safe. In adults you feel quite sick with headaches, complications like pneumonia and encephalitis is possible but rare.

Posted by: Khazi | 2009-03-09

I Just want to understand the differance between Chicken pox and Small pox. What foods must you eat? Are you supposse to drink lots of water during infected period? Do you bath during infection and at what age can you be infected and can they be prevened? also, if one get infected by one of the pox-what is the treatment?

Reply to Khazi