Question
Posted by: Jenny | 2010/03/16

Chicken Pox

My son has been diagnosed with chicken pox (aged 13) my questions are - May I bath him (I have had conflicting information) if yes - may I use bicarb of soda in his bath water? Also his urine is very dark. He drinks lots of water as I am afraid he dehydrates.(fever) His rash has not blistered yet and does not complain of itchiness - when do I start using calamine lotion? He has been prescribed antibiotics, pain and antihistamine medication. He also complains his feet are sore - is this normal?
Thank you so much
Jenny

Hallo Jenny
YES please bath him. Washing with Lifebuoy soap help with the itching and drying out of blisters and you can put Bicarb in the bathwater. Just don't let him catch a cold when he gets out of the bath! Calamine lotion can be used as needed. If he drinks enough water and his urine looks like coke, rather take him back to your doctor as this can be an indication of liver or kidney problems. Chickenpox can cause headache, but not sore feet that I know of?

3
Posted by: Jenny | 2010/03/16

P - thats what my husband also said. But I do not know so I have to trust my doctor.

Thanks Dr Bets

Reply to Jenny
Posted by: P | 2010/03/16

Antibiotics for chickenpox? That''s a first.

Reply to P
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/16

Hallo Jenny

Reply to cyberdoc