Question
Posted by: Willie | 2008/09/17

Chicken Pox

Hi, could you please tell me... If I had Chicken Pox as a child, is it possible to get it again as a grown up? If indeed so, how will I know if I' ve been infected and isn' t there any ' fast'  cure for chicken pox? Plz reply via e-mail, if possible...

Hi Willie
I am sorry, I can't answer by email. Some people do get chicken pox a second time but it is extremely rare and only if they did not develop proper immunity the first time. Chicken pox causes skin lesions that start off looking like a mosquito bite and that then develop into a blister. The rash will have lesions in all stages. As it is a viral infection, there is no fast cure - it has to run its course.

1
Posted by: Corlene | 2009/03/28

Wednesday i saw a rash on my skin that looks like a pimple but it itches and became a white/yellow dot with a little waterbubble in the middle. I looked up chicken pox but as a child i had the chicken pox already. this morning i woke up and there was more on my arms and legs. but only here and there not like a huge rash.

Reply to Corlene