Question
Posted by: Michael | 2010/05/18

chest/upper rib pain

Hi, I was eating lunch yesterday when all of a sudden i swallowed some food and i got a sharp pain on the left side of my breast / upper ribcage. Today theres still a dull ache near the left breast/upper rib cage area and also around the nipple. Im wondering what could be causing this? The pain seems to be radiating throughout my left breast area. Any idea? Thanks.

Hallo Michael
Pain from the esophagus usually radiates to the chest and back and stomach ulcers can also cause pain in the chest and back. If you have acid reflux causing narrowing of the esophagus, big food portions can block or irritate the area, causing pain. If it persists ask your GP to organize a gastroscopy so that they can look at the area with a scope to see if there are any lesions.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/18

Hallo Michael
dr Bets