Posted by: charlie | 2011-05-25

Im a 30 year old woman who never had problems with coughs and chestiness and phlegm until I developed myocarditis in 2005/6. Now when I get a cold or flu a slimy or chesty cough is an automatic addition. My question is this, Ive had a cough for almost a month now and it doesnt seem to show signs of going away yet. Sometimes when I breathe deeply it iritates whatever is goin on in my chest and I start again. I was coughing up a yellowy phlegm a coupla weeks ago now its clear but its salty???? Is that normal?

A persistant of a month is not normal and you will have to consult your doctor for evaluation and treatment. It is important to have a chest x-ray and sputum analysis done, to exclude diseases like tuberculosis.