Question
Posted by: Melanie | 2011/11/01

chestpain

Good day

I am getting these chestpains that starts just under my Right breast, move with a sharp pain up into the right side of my chest into the right side of my neck and then a sharp pain in my right ear?? I''ve been getting these pains for a few months now, was in hospital but the doctor didnt said anything, just flu??? but it is getting worse and im getting these pains more often now, can you please tell me what this is??? It only gets better when i lie down flat on my back for a few minutes??

Melanie

Expert ImageCardiologist

Hi Melanie.

We can be very sure the pains that you describe are not from your heart. It is not quite so easy to say what the pain is due to, but it sounds musculo-skeletal pain, possibly from your neck. You don’t mention your age, but the pain sounds very benign.

If you are concerned, by all means have some simple tests like a chest x-ray. However I would avoid starting a long wild goose chase after the cause of the pain, which is very unlikely to produce a definite result. Most often this kind of pain simply disappears of its own accord.

Best wishes, JT.

1
Posted by: Cardiologist | 2011/11/10

Hi Melanie.

Best wishes, JT.

Reply to Cardiologist