Posted by: D.J. van Rensburg | 2012/09/24

Chest Problems

I have been struggling with a tight upper chest for quite a while now. The upper area feels as if it is being restricted and also as if there is fluid build up. I have been to an ENT, whom have only been able to diagnose inflammation of the of the throat. He also suggested I see a Gastroenterologist due to the inlammation as well as the fact that I have all the symptoms of acid reflux. After the scope was done all I got to know was that my stomach had some inlflammation. No evidence of acid reflux. I really need to sort this problem out as it is affecting my life very negatively.

My nose is extremely dry, my throat feels constricted and it feels like i have liquid on my chest. Where do I go to have it sorted out? My GP has failed, the ENT got none the wiser and the gastroenterlogist does not know either.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

I suggest that you consult an internal specialist to have all possibilities investigated at once, instead of consulting different specialists. In the interim you can use Gaviscon Plus, three times daily in combination with Omeprazole 40 mg a day, to alleviate your symptoms. Ask your doctor for a script.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.