Posted by: Amanda | 2012-03-15

Chest pains, excessive burping

I''m a 61year old female, and have recently developed throbbing chest pains in my upper left side,(mostly early in the morning) combined with excessive burping, occasional headaches, and a " drumming"  in my right ear. I also sometimes have irregular heartbeat at night, however I don''t believe that this has anything to do with heart disease. Could this be acid reflux, or a hernia perhaps? I love spicy food, don''t drink milk or fizzy drinks. My general health is good and I am active. I am not obese. Thanks.

Acid reflux and heart disease can have the same symptoms and it is therefore, imperative that you consult your doctor for an examination, blood tests, stress ECG and gastroscopy.