Posted by: Quitter | 2012-07-02

Chest Pains

Hello Doc,

Today is Day 28 of not smoking, but I still have chest pains. Sometimes it''s quite severe.

I also still seem to have phlegm on my chest as I sometimes wake up hearing a rasping sound (which is why I quit!!)

I have started running again and managed to do a 10kn run on the weekend without any major discomfort, but do find that I sometimes struggle to breathe &  other times it''s ok?

Please could you let me know how long it will be before my chest feels healthy &  clear again?

If you were a smoker over a long period, you can expect your chest or lung function to improve very slowly and you might never reach your original lung capacity. I suggest that you continue with your exercise regime and listen to your body, in order to not over exert yourself. You can use ACC 200 to help loosen the phlem.

I do suggest that you consult your doctor for a lung function test, as a base line reference and then repeat the lung function test after a couple of months, to evaluate your improvement.

Posted by: nena | 2012-07-19

, The right to swing my fist ends where the other man''s nose begins.'' Rights must apply to eynvroee in the same sense at the same time. So rights must therefore be limited to claims of freedom to do anything which does not violate the freedoms of others. This requires recognizing, respecting and abiding by anyone else''s wishes to be left alone whenever he wants, and his wishes to be free to do anything which doesn''t violate others. This is why no one can claim a right'' to interfere with your life in any way without your explicit, personally-given consent for a specified purpose. There can be no such thing as a right'' for anyone (or any group) to mess with you whenever he wants (or whenever they want) since it obviously isn''t applying to YOU in the same sense at the same time.If Healthcare were a right, it would automatically necessitate the violation of another''s rights. That being the case, again I say, Healthcare is not a right. And as it isn''t a right, it means that Obamacare is nothing more than a giving of entitlements to some, at the expense of others. In short, redistribution of wealth.Reply

Reply to nena
Posted by: Quitter | 2012-07-03

Will do.
Thanks Doc

Reply to Quitter