Question
Posted by: Joe | 2012/02/09

Chest Pains

Good afternoon doc,
I am 45 years old, and recently had my heart broken by an unfaithfull husband. Since then I''ve suffered from heart palpitations whenever I would think about what has happened.
I''ve been trying to look after myself with regards to eating, exercising etc.
Since last night I have a tightness in my chest, painful on the left side breast and upper section of the chest, down my left side &  back, sort of same area as the front. The pain is constant, but becomes worse when I inhale deeply. When I took my blood pressure last night is was 135/95. Just want to find out if I should see a doctor, or am I just suffering from a broken heart.

Expert ImageCardiologist

Hi Joe,

I am sorry to hear about your “broken heart”. The pain you describe is not heart pain and sounds as though it is musculoskeletal, in other words related to structures in the chest wall. Your blood pressure is slightly high but that may be normal if you were in pain at the time. It sounds as though your symptoms are largely due to the “broken heart” and of course they are definitely not due to real heart disease of any kind.

I hope things go better for you.

2
Posted by: Cardiologist | 2012/02/29

Hi Joe,

I hope things go better for you.

Reply to Cardiologist
Posted by: KEN | 2012/02/25

i am 28years old man. i have chest pains and experience difficulties in breathing.

Reply to KEN