Posted by: DP | 2012-02-06

I was having severe chest pains, my GP first gave me an ECG and that was clear, then an abdominal scan and picked up a had huge gall stones, was submitted to hospital immediately and had an emergency op as it seemed by gall bladder was ready to burst. A few months after my gall bladder was removed i developed a hernia by my belly button and the chest pains continued. The specialist who removed my gall bladder insisted i have an angiogram to rule out any issues with my heart before putting me under anaesthetic again to repair my hernia. I had the angiogram and it was clear. I had the hernia repaired a few months ago (around Aug 2011) and at the same time my gynae did a myomectomy and the specialist repairing the hernia put a scope down to check if there could be another cause of the chest pains but found nothing. A few days ago i had major chest pains again and had to be rushed to doctor, he did an ECG and again it was clear. He has advised that i go and see a specialist who will probably put another scope down. When i have the chest pains they are between my breasts and the pain is so bad that i can barely breathe. Please, if you could tell me what it could be perhaps they are all looking in the wrong place ?
Im a 36 year old female.

It is possible that you have costochondritis. This inflammatory disease involves the joint space between the ribs and the sternum. It can be very painful. I suggest that you consult an orthopedic surgeon to investigate this possibility of severe constochondritis.

Posted by: DP | 2012-02-21

Thank You Doctor!

Reply to DP