Question
Posted by: ruth | 2011/04/07

chest pains

I was born with a hole in a heart and the last time i had a check up was when i was 13 yrs and the hole was still small and was told that it would close as i grow,im currently 27 and havent been to check it as i was told that it will close as i grow but i cannot run as i experience a sharp pain on my chest and cant breath and when i get angry i also cant breath,my mother is always saying the more i stress and get angry is the more the hole opens up.Please advise

Expert ImageCardiologist

Hi Ruth

If the hole in your heart was small when you were 13, it is very unlikely to be bigger now - and it certainly will not get any bigger when or because you get angry!

Also, the chest pain you get, and the breathing difficulty you have when you get angry, are nothing to do with the hole in the heart.

My advice would be to see a cardiologist and have an echocardiogram, which will soon be able to tell you if there is still a hole, and if so what - if anything - should be done about it.

1
Posted by: Cardiologist | 2011/04/11

Hi Ruth

Reply to Cardiologist