Question
Posted by: Angy | 2011/02/14

Chest pains

I''m 20 and have been taking triphasil for about 4 years. Trying to get off the triphasil but I''m having some weird chest pains, this happened previously ( about a year and half ago) when I was off the pill for two months, though it was a lot more severe back then, and stopped when i started taking them again.
It feels like there is pressure being put on my chest or just the feeling of fullness/tightness, when I inhale it feels like my lungs are lazy. Also have sharp shooting pains up to my shoulder blade and shoulder, only on the right side. While standing it''s barely noticeable, but lying down or bending down makes it a lot worse.

What''s the connection here? Is this a common side effect from going off the pill? I went to the doctor previously, she ran a few tests including taking x-rays and an ECG and couldn''t find anything. Any suggestions or advice?

Hallo Angy
It is unlikely that going off Triphasil will give you chest pain, as it contains female hormones, and as soon as you stop it, your own ovaries will start replacing the hormones of the contraceptive pill. I would however suggest that you maybe get a sonar of the liver, as Triphasil can cause liver problems or even cysts in the liver which may cause irritation of the diaphragm with pain to the shoulder and tightness of the chest.

1
Posted by: cYBERDOC | 2011/02/14

Hallo Angy

Reply to cYBERDOC