Question
Posted by: K | 2010-04-04

Chest pains

Hi Doc. About 3 weeks ago i had a chest infection and took antibiotics. A week before that i started getting slight chest pains sometimes on the left and then sometimes on the right. I am still getting them. could i still have a chest infection, or what could it be? Could it be my weight? i need to lose 10kgs. Should i go back to my doc or have chest x-ray do you think? Had amy last breast sonar at end of Nov last year and all was fine. Thank you.

I strongly suggest that you consult your doctor for a stress ECG to exclude cardiac eschemia, as well as a chest x-ray to evaluate your chest infection. It is possible that the chest infection is the cause for your discomfort but other pathology will have to be excluded.