Posted by: Tamzyn | 2009-12-18

Chest pains

I recently had really sharp stabbing pains, just below my left breast (Im 9 weeks pregnant), it was so bad that i couldn'  t move for nearly a minute to alert my boyfriend that was right next to me. it lasted for about 90 seconds (the stabbing pain) and thereafter for about 60 seconds (pressurised pain).

I called the hospital and they said it was just growing pains (as this is my 1st pregnancy and im pretty petite) but should growing pains have such a bad effect, i mean I couldn'  t move at all I just lay there tearing, i couldn'  t even speak.

Please let me know if this is normal.

It is a small possibility that you might a cardiac abnormality, due to the pregnancy. I suggest that you consult a cardiologist for some tests to set your mind at ease. There is no over the counter medication that I can suggest, as a diagnosis has to be made.

Kind regards