Question
Posted by: Tamzyn | 2009/12/18

Chest pains

I recently had really sharp stabbing pains, just below my left breast (Im 9 weeks pregnant), it was so bad that i couldn' t move for nearly a minute to alert my boyfriend that was right next to me. it lasted for about 90 seconds (the stabbing pain) and thereafter for about 60 seconds (pressurised pain).

I called the hospital and they said it was just growing pains (as this is my 1st pregnancy and im pretty petite) but should growing pains have such a bad effect, i mean I couldn' t move at all I just lay there tearing, i couldn' t even speak.

Please let me know if this is normal.

tamzyn

It is hard to say what this was without an examination. If you are better now, it probably wasn't serious. Mention it to your doctor when you see him/her.

1