Question
Posted by: Joe | 2008/09/16

Chest pains

From yesterday I have a constant chest pain. If i move my chest forwards towards my knees I can feel a painful heartbeat. Also when I slep last night on my right side, just moving to it woke me up and I could feel the painful heatbeat.

I went to gym as well yesterday after I felt it earlier the day and I had no trouble (well I didnt die or pass out).

If I breath hard and deep I feel the pain, more in the middle of my chest.

Should I be concerned?

Dear Joe
Any chestpain needs to be looked at, and if you feel that it is painful when you lie on the side it could be inflammation of the lung pleura or even the sac around the heart. Rather let your doctor do an ECG and listen to your lungs to hear if you have inflammation of the pleura (pleuritis )