Question
Posted by: Mario | 2011-12-20

chest pain, back pain irregular heart beat

im 40 yrs old white male, ive had a chet pain for about two weeks and it also hurts directly behind on my back. my heart some times goes in to a fast RPM for about two minutes, and last week i experienced slight numbness on my left arm by the elbow joint. could this be a sign of heart problems.
Please help.

Expert ImageCardiologist

Dear Mario

At the age of 40 your risk of getting coronary heart disease is very low, and from your description it does not sound as though your chest pain has anything to do with your heart. The same applies to the numbness in your left arm near the elbow.

A fast heartbeat for a couple of minutes is a harmless situation, and usually occurs because the heart is responding to some stimulus from outside the heart itself. Your symptoms do not sound at all like those of heart disease.

JT