Question
Posted by: John | 2012/04/12

Chest Pain

Hi Doc,

I am a 38 year old male, fairly fit.. I have been experiencing a pain in my chest over the past month or so which comes and goes.

I feel a pain when I inhale deeply or when I sneeze my chest burns.

Any suggestions as to what could cause this?

Winston

Winston

You will have to consult your doctor for a stress ECG to exclude a possible cardiac cause for your chest pain. It is however, possible that you are suffering from a viral infection of the chest and chest wall. This might be the reason for your pain and is not serious but heart pathology will have to be ruled out.