Posted by: worried | 2011-10-06

Chest Pain

I''m a 35yr old male ,recently I''ve been experience off &  on right side chest pain abit dull but at times stabbing like.I got a history of cocaine use &  recently i''ve been having more than occasionally.Is there any other side effects i can watch out for if my heart is the problem?I''ve stopped the use of coke this week &  scared to try it ivo my chest pains - your advise please?

Expert ImageCardiologist

Dear Worried.

My main advice is – never touch cocaine again. Your pain does not sound at all like heart pain, but cocaine can cause major heart problems, including heart attack and death - quite apart from all the other problems that it can cause. If you are really worried about your heart, the very first thing to do is stop using cocaine. I am sure the chest pain will all disappear and your whole future will be much brighter.

Best of luck. JT