Question
Posted by: Sonja | 2011/05/25

Chest pain

Hi dr.

My daugther aged 13 y 7 m has been complaining of chest pains that comes and goes lasting a few seconds. During these " pain attacks"  she has heart palpatations also lasting as long as the chest pain.
I took her to our GP who listened to her heart and after examination told us that she had an inflamation in her muscles and cartlidge. This diagnosed was made after pressing on the musscles between the ribs next to chest wall.

She was prescribed 15mg of cortisone with a anti-inflamatory. The pains is still persisting how ever, coming and going

I am concerned that it could be caused by MVP as she has the palpitations with the chest pain? Would the GP have been able to dedect this condition during examination?

Sonja

Sonja

I suggest that you reconsult your GP to have blood tests done, in order to exclude an infection that is causing the pain and heart palpitations.