Question
Posted by: donovan naidoo | 2011/04/11

CHEST PAIN

hi doc my age is 35 years and ive been a diabetic for six years
recently ive been getting chest pain radiating to my left arm ive been to hospital last week and tests were done to check for heart disease (trop T) and all was clear i even went on a thread mill test and the specialist said heart is fine .my ecg shows t-wave inversion on the v3 and i still get chest pain for a few seconds and it makes me dizzy and swetty can you please assist

Expert ImageCardiologist

Hi Donovan.

Although you are diabetic you are still very young, so it is unlikely - though not impossible - that your chest pain is heart related. Also, the pain does not sound like heart pain, even though it radiates down the left arm (pain down the left arm is not always heart pain!) and T wave inversion confined to one lead does not necessarily imply coronary disease.

So your pain is probably nothing to do with the heart. Nevertheless we should remember that you are diabetic and that heart pain is not always typical. If the pain recurs my advice would be to see a cardiologist for an opinion about the cause of the pain.

1
Posted by: Cardiologist | 2011/04/12

Hi Donovan.

Reply to Cardiologist