Question
Posted by: felly | 2011/04/05

chest pain

hi, iam a woman aged 30, weight 88kg an dhave been trying to loose weight. i have lost 4kg but after that my weight seems to remain domant. i walk for 1hr everyday. at night i get sharp pains towards the left of my chest, then they become dull all night and my hands get cramp throught the whole night. do you think i need to see a doc urgently.

Expert ImageCardiologist

Hi Felly,

Your pain does not sound at all like heart pain, and being a young woman you are a very unlikely candidate for heart disease.

Your pain is probably musculoskeltal in other words from the muscles ribs cartilage etc of the chest wall, and is highly unlikely ever to cause you problems. Nevertheless if you are worried please see your doctor for reassurance. Good luck with your weight loss programme and keep exercising!

1
Posted by: Cardiologist | 2011/04/06

Hi Felly,

Reply to Cardiologist