Question
Posted by: in pain | 2010-03-31

chest pain

i hav this pain in the lower left part of my chest just below the rib cage, it been going on for about 6 mnths now, it some times hurts as if its burning n cools off once in a while, ive been to two doctors who say that they dont see anything wrong n that it must just be a muscle pull, i still feel the pain on a daily basis n i think i must hav lung cancer or heart disease, im startin to think that i need to get an x-ray to really find out, im a smoker who smokes a 10 pack a day and joggs 3 times a week could this be part of the problem? plz advise

I suggest that you get a third opinion and that you have a chest x-ray and blood tests done. It is possible that it is caused by a strained muscle or costo-condritis. However, the doctor will also have to exclude other possibilities (kidney enlargement or sub-acute infection) for this chronic pain.