Question
Posted by: Aaliyah | 2009/12/14

Chest pain

Hi, my husband (23 years) has been having chest pain and shortness of breath for the last week, should I take him to the cardiologist? He has a family history of heart disease although he is fit and eats healthy. He is a bodybuilder an does take supplements. Could these be the cause?

Hallo Aaliya
Yes he should see a doctor - his GP is fine. They need to do an ECG to see if there are any signs of oxygen starvation to the heart. If needed his GP can refer him to a specialist. If he takes steroids this could affect his heart.

2
Posted by: ANON | 2009/12/14

I suggest you take your husband to the emergency room immediately he has the pain so that an ECG can be done. There can be various reasons for this but heart disease needs to be ruled out. Your husband is still very young and the earlier the problem is treated the longer his life expectancy. Please dont wait, we did and my husband has had 2 strokes which have left him partially paralyzed and unable to work anymore, he is only 53.

Reply to ANON
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/12/14

Hallo Aaliya

Reply to cyberdoc