Posted by: Johan | 2009-07-20

Chest Pain ??

Hi Doc,

Recently I have been getting chest pains.

I had my first chest pain last week while at the office, during the weekend once and early tonight I also got the chest pain again.

I got the pain the first time at the office whilst sitting down and the other 2 times in my room while reading.

If I had to try and explain, it feels like I am being hit in the stomach by a really heavy object.

I am male, 24 years old, smoke and only drink at least every second weekend of a month.

Dear Johan
Rather have this checked out by getting an ECG and let your doctor also examine you for a hiatus hernia and peptic ulcer. Sometimes stomach acid pushing up into the esophagus can cause chest pain.