Question
Posted by: LeeLoo | 2009-04-27

Chest Pain

i have suddenly begun experiencing what feel like muscle cramps around my heart / in my heart. i smoke 5 hand rolled ciggies a day as well as a joint a day. i am forty and normally quite healthy. do have stressful career to add to the mix. please advise.

Dear LeeLoo
If the pain is associated with exercise (walking, climbing stairs) feeling like a tightness around your chest and spreading to the jaw or arm, it will be safer to go for an ECG to exclude angina pain due to narrowed coronary arteries ( associated with smoking and middle age..)

1

I have a 25 year old daughter and she has been complaining that her chest was paining almost all night and could not sleep, she does not have any asthma or bronchitus - please advise, could it be due to stress?