Posted by: T | 2009-02-26

Chest Pain

I have been experiencing chest pains last year, it feels as though i cant breathe sometimes as if something is pressing on my chest, i went to go see my doctor and he did some test. The results stated that i do not have a thyroid problem and that my heart is fine. I experienced the same thing some years ago and my doctor that i was seeing then said that the cartlige that connects by rib bones are swolen. Do you think i should tell him about that?

Dear T
Costochondritis is a condition where you get inflammation of the cartilage between the breast bone and the ribs - this is normally tender when you press on it. Other problems that can cause a tight feeling in the chest is a hiatus hernia or esophagus spasm, so ask your doctor to check for this too?