Posted by: P | 2009-02-05

Chest pain

Sometimes I feel pain in my chest, where my heart is. Ever since I was a child and until a few months ago, I used to have arrhythmia, especially when making efforts or on very hot days, or following emotional moments. I noticed it got worse over the years and 2007 was the worst, when heat accompanied by walking/ running activities caused intense pain that felt like a needle pricking me in the heart.
Well, now it' s not a question of rhythm anymore, all there is is ocasional pain, that is more frequent than before. I experience it at least once a day and especially when making efforts or when I' m hungry.
I think I have heart murmur. Is that the reason? I also have high cholestreol, although still within the limits considered to be healthy. I' m worried about heart attacks, but I' m 23. It doesn' t happen at that age, does it? I' m a female and I have no other health problems.

Dear P
Have you ever had a proper heart examination with a sonar, ECG and blood tests? The pain may not be heart related. Esophagus spasm, hiatus hernia, reflux, lung inflammation and chest muscle spasms can all give pain over the heart area. Ask your doctor to do a full cardiological exam or to refer you to a cardiologist, for your own peace of mind.

Posted by: P | 2009-02-05

My cholesterol level is 199 mg/dL.

Reply to P
Posted by: ZZZ | 2009-02-05

See a Dr!!
Specially with high cholestrol at 23.

My high cholestrol was on 50.

Reply to ZZZ