Posted by: Jenny | 2012-05-21

Chest infection/phlem in lungs

Since 24th April I have had a problem with phlem in my lungs, but didnt go to see my GP until 2 May as I felt ok other than a headache. On 2 May I was told I had a chest infection and was given 2 different antibiotics, the day after I completed this course - 7 May - I was back at the GP as I could still hear myself breathing. Another course of antibiotics. On 14 May I went back to my GP - sent for xrays and another course of antibiotics - apparently an antibiotic given for pneumonia. Exray results showed my chest is clear - after 2 courses of antibiotics Im not surprised. Well today I can still hear the phlem on my chest, but now I am coughing - still the headache. Any suggestions as to where I should go from here. I am 51 years old. Thank you.

I think that you should consult a pulmonologist for an examination and special tests. It is not uncommon to feel chesty after pneumonia. You can drink ACC 200 to loosen the phlem and to easily cough out the excess.

Posted by: Jenny | 2012-05-23

Thank you - I will do as you suggest

Reply to Jenny