Question
Posted by: BMJ | 2011/08/02

Chest infection

Dear Doc

I think I have a cold. I had a sore throat for a few days (deep down not where you swallow) and a very tight chest with a dry cough. Today I am a bit conegested. No runny eyes or fever.

The problem is I am asthmatic. I am using my preventer as usual - I even upped my dose from1 puff 2x day to 2 puffs 2x day. (Seretide), butI find that I need my reliever every 2 hours and even then my chest feels so sore and tight.

Do you think I need to see my dr for oral cortisone?

BMJ

Yes, I really suggest that you consult your doctor for a lung function test and x-rays. Cortisone therapy will alleviate your tight chest.