Question
Posted by: Rosa | 2009/09/28

chest (heart) pain

hi, i' m 24 almost 25 years old and i get a discomfort pain in my chest a lot.

i had an anxiety attack about 4 or 5 months ago, where my husband rushed me to hospital, they examined me did a ECG, took X-Rays of my chest and all the test but couldn' t find anything wrong.

I have a family history of heart problems, and i' m a smoker of about 15 sigarretes a day.

is this worrying?
is really my heart or could it be something else.

thanks for reading this, your reply will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Rosa

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Rosa,
If your chest pain is associated with cardiovascular exertion such as stairclimbing I would seek a second opinion and get reassessed.
Smoking will create a whole host of problems, so use this opportunity to give up on the habit.
If your medical doctor gives you the all clear it may be a more structural problem such as tietzes syndrome for example. In which case see your local osteopath for a thorough evaluation. For more information on osteopathy visit www.osteogoodhealth.com

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath