Posted by: Michelle | 2011-01-14

Chest discomfort - Very urgent

I am 23 years old, and I have been experiencing very uncomfortable pains under my left breast, it feels tight and the vein in my left arm tends to swell when I get these pains, sometimes with the pains. When I sleep its very bad, it gets very very tight and I cannot sleep on my sides, it tends to ease slighty when I lay on my back, back then it comes back when I turn on my side, especially my left side.

The vein is in the middle of my arm, by the elbow section but on the inside of the arm....where doctors take blood, the pain also occures on the upper arm.

My cholesterol was also a bit high for my age, when I went for a general check up last year, I did not get the pains then.

It is most unlikely due to a cardiovascular reason but rather a muscular pain. You should consult your doctor for a full examination, in order for him or her to exclude all causes for chest pain.

Posted by: Leah | 2011-01-14

I would go to a doctor.

Reply to Leah