Question
Posted by: DN | 2009/01/29

Chest discomfort

I' ve recently started experiencing chest discomfort. It' s not so much a pain - just very uncomfortable. When I eat it feels like the food struggles to pass through my chest. It' s as if there is some sort of constriction.
I am going through a very stressful divorce so this could be related to it. But what is wrong with me?

Dear DN
This could be an esophagus spasm or a narrowing caused by acid burning the inside of the esophagus. One needs to have a look at this with a gastroscopy if possible. Please ask your doctor to refer you to a gastroenterologist