Question
Posted by: Jean | 2008/10/16

Chest discomfort

Guten Tag Herr Dr. Apfelstaedt,

I had my left breast removed 6 years ago and have annual check ups at Tygerberg Hospital. My next checkup is due in another year. I picked up a heavy wooden log, sice then, I experience pain and discomfort in the area where the operation was. Could it be a muscle in the chest causing this?
I would appreciate your response.

Many thanks
Kinf regards
Jean Flohr

Expert ImageBreast health expert

Guten Tag Jean,

you shouldn't work that hard....but seriously: one would suppose indeed that your discomfort is due some acute muscle/skeletal problem. The discomfort should improve steadily and be gone within about 4 weeks; if not, see your doctor for an assessment.

Viele Gruesse

Prof. J. Apffelstaedt