Question
Posted by: Ng | 2008/07/07

Chest bone

Hi doc,

I have been getting this pain on the chest bone right in the middle of my chest. When I lift something I can feel as well. Please tell me what could this be. I also develop this itchy rash on my toes, what can I get over the counter for it?

Thanks in advance.

Dear Ng
The pain in the chest when you pick up heavy things could be an inflammation in the small joint where the ribs join the breast bone - it will be tender if you press on it too. Anti-inflammatory medication could help like Voltaren jel.
The itchy rash could be a fungal infection or an eczema - your doctor/pharmacist should rather have a look at the rash first as the treatment would differ.