Chemo Therapy

My dog has just been diagnosed with Lymphatic Cancer. He is a 6yr old Basset, and I am heart broken!!!! All of his lymph nodes are swollen, the vet has done an aspiration and sent it for analysis. I have a few questions after researching on the web: I have read that chemo can be reasonably successful, putting the dog into remission and increasing his life expectancy to 1 year. Would you recommend this method of treatment? What does this entail, and how much could I expect to pay for the course? Are there any better options for treating him, or would he be in pain during the rest of his life, would it be better to put our baby down without attempting treatment? This would break my heart even more, however, I do not want to put him through any excessive pain or suffering - I only want to do what' s best for him! Tx

Dear Anon

I would go for the chemo, 2 sets of tablets and a course of injections in the vein. Most dogs respond well and have a normal quality of life for 1-2 years if they respond well. You can always stop after the first couple of treatments if your dog does not respond well.

you are in our prayers