Question
Posted by: Sheelah | 2011/10/05

Chemo Drugs - another question

I am in zimbabwe and i wish to bring in the drugs for my moms treatment as i believe the cost here is exorbitant. Therefore i have no details of an oncologist in SA and the prescriber is in Harare.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Sheelah

Am I correct in saying that you need to buy the medication in SA and then take it to ZIM?
Unfortunately you will need to have a prescription from a doctor who is legally entitled to prescribe medicines in South Africa in order to purchase prescription medication from a pharmacy.

Your best option would be to ask your doctor in Zim to either refer you to a SA doctor, or ask him to arrange for an SA doctor to issue you with a script.

All the best!

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/10/07

Hi Sheelah

All the best!

Reply to pharmacist