Question
Posted by: Anna | 2011/06/08

Chemical Peel

How often can you do a chemical Peel? I have a lot of pigmentation, I am 58 years old. What can I use to reduce the pigmentation. Sellulite what is the best to use for it. Thanks

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anna, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response.

The length of time between chemical peels is dependent on the type of peeling system one is using and the depth of the peel. Typically superficial peels are performed every 4 to 6 weeks, while medium depth peels are performed every 6 months if necessary. Deep peels should only be performed yearly if necessary.

Pigmentation can be treated through a number of different approaches and the best option would be to consult a cosmetic dermatologist, plastic surgeon, or an aesthetic practitioner who can examine the skin before deciding on the best treatment for you. Topical products such as NeoStrata’s Depigmenting Cream and Brightening Cream work extremely well but your cornerstone treatment should be a good SPF 50 or higher that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide. Following this superficial peels (glycolic acid) and IPL treatments will give good results with pigmentation but some stubborn or deep seated pigment may need fractional skin resurfacing.

Cellulite can be very difficult to treat and the only non invasive approach with FDA approval and good clinical results proven with medical studies is the Velashape (www.syneron.com or check out the SA supplier for your closest doctor: www.radianthealth.co.za)

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2011/06/18

Reply to anti-ageing expert