Question
Posted by: Jax From Kalk Bay | 2010/04/16

Chemical peel

Im a 38 year old female. Skin in good condition just got some scarring and redness. What would a chemical peal mean to me?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Jax, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my response.

There are a number of benefits to the skin that one can expect from chemical peels and my advice would be to log on to my web page www.dralek.co.za and using the search function type in chemical peels. A number of topics will come up that will explain each of the chemical peels and their benefits.

The ‘redness’ you describe may be an indication of Rosacea and your best option would be to consult a dermatologist who can examine the skin and advise you on the best treatment options especially if the redness is aggravated by a hot bath/shower, small amounts of alcohol, and/or mild exertion levels (brisk walk).

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/04/25

Reply to anti-ageing expert