Question
Posted by: Denise | 2010/04/03

Chemical Peel 2

Thanks so much for your very useful advise, on my question.
Would you suggest that I look at laser rather than the chemical peel? Would my face be red and crusty after the fractional laser? Could I still apply moisturiser? and what would be best at night? I currently use Vichy Normaderm. Also how do I know the laser clinic is reputable. What if I leave there looking worse than before?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Denise, thank you for the question.

The choice of treatment is dependent on the extent and degree of acne scarring, financial considerations, and degree of downtime that is acceptable for you personally.

Medium depth peels will produce severe downtime (10 days) and absolute sun avoidance is vital.
Most fractional ablative lasers produce mild to moderate downtime and sun avoidance is also recommended.

With either option the doctor treating you will recommend a specific post treatment barrier cream (day and night applications).

Your best option would be to get a direct word of mouth referral or to ask your dermatologist who they suggest.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/04/09

Hi Denise, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert